Monday, May 11, 2009

Names

Lately, everyone has been asking us about baby names. Now that we know it's a boy and a girl, we are trying to make some progress on that. It's not easy. I'm sure it comes as no surprise that Chad and I both have pretty strong opinions! It's sure hard to find something that's distinctive, not too popular (Emma and Jacob are currently the most popular names for boys and girls, who knew?) and that rolls off the tongue.

We spent some time Friday night going through our name book and making a list of possibilities. Of course, we have to consider middle names and initials as well. But I think we're finally making progress :)

We are definitely enjoying the name suggestions that we've been receiving - keep 'em coming! And we were introduced to a pretty cool website

http://nymbler.com/

You can type in a name you like (for example, Emma) and it suggests other names that you may also like. In the case of Emma, it suggests Lisa, Olivia, Eliza and Ava, among others. I'm not sure how accurate these suggestions are, but it's fun to try different names and see what they suggest.

I'm sure we'll come up with something perfect for both of them - I just hope we have the names ready by the time we leave the hospital!

2 comments:

  1. Ava! I like Ava. Ava Meley....rolls right off the tongue. And almost any single syllable name works for a middle name. That's my 2 cents worth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava was listed as one of the most popular girl names in a recent article I read. And I have heard that Olivia is popular too. It doesn't really matter as long as 4 or 5 girls in your elementary school class don't answer to the same name as yours.

    ReplyDelete