Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cribs are up!

Chad got the cribs set up this weekend. I was impressed - he got both of them put together pretty quickly (and it seemed to go really smoothly!). I ordered the crib mattresses yesterday and I've finally managed to find some (fairly) reasonable crib bedding that doesn't come in a set. It's strange - most of the crib bedding available comes in a set and it always includes crib bumpers and comforters and usually some other random stuff (do we really need a diaper stacker??) While those big, padded crib bumpers certainly look good, they aren't really recommended anymore. There is a risk that really young babies could get trapped against the bumper and suffocate. And you definitely have to remove the bumpers as soon as the baby can stand - around 6 months - or else they can use them to climb out of the crib. So I don't see much point in those! Anyway, the bedding is on a site called, appropriately enough, http://www.babybedding.com/! You can check out the bedding on the site now by locating my registry - I'll post a picture of the nursery when we have it all set up.

I've also been working on our baby registries - it's amazing how much stuff these little babies need! I mean, we have the strollers and the swings and one bouncy seat already thanks to the Moms of Multiples group, but the list of gear is still pretty amazing! We have a couple of showers coming up in June, so I've been trying to get us set up with Babies R Us and Target and I also found an online site I like - http://www.albeebaby.com/ - they have the car seats that fit into my car (barely) and some high chairs we like. As I was walking through the aisles of Babies R Us the other day, I thought back to the days when that store used to scare the daylights out of me :) So big, so much stuff - and now I feel like like I know it like the back of my hand!

1 comment: