Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Introducing Piper & Knox!






















Well, it's been a busy week since I last posted!! Knox Christopher and Piper Jane Meley arrived on Wednesday, July 15th, about 4 weeks and two days early. I guess all the complaining I'd be doing about how uncomfortable I was feeling wasn't entirely due to the twins' taking over my abdomen. I went to see my dr. on Tues for my regular visit and she diagnosed me with pre eclampsia - it can get bad pretty quickly, so she put me on bedrest and told me to come back the next day. On my visit the next day, she basically sent me straight to the hospital and told me she wanted to deliver the babies within the next two days! It must have been a slow day at the hospital, because I left her office at about 3:30pm and Piper was born at 6:05!

We spent several days at the hospital, mainly to let Mommy recover from her C-section. No one had to stay in the NICU - even though Knox was a tiny pip squeek at 4 lbs, 15 oz and even though Piper was quite a bit larger at 6 lb, 3 oz, she was still pretty tiny. But everyone has been doing really well and we all came home from the hospital on Sunday afternoon.

Here are the first pictures. We'll post more about life at home as time allows! Suffice it to say that we have our hands full :) But aside from some sleep deprivation, it's all going really well!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! They are so adorable. Hope you guys have been practicing your diaper changing...let the fun begin. ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are much clearer photos than they were when they came in my email. They are beautiful and you look beautiful too. We are so happy to have them here and only wish we were near enough to drop in and rock them for a while.

    ReplyDelete