Thursday, June 25, 2009

5 More Weeks to Go!

Time is definitely ticking away! I saw my OB this morning and we have a date - July 28th! Assuming they don't decide to come early, the twins will share their birthdays not only with each other, but also with my brother :) The babies got measured on Tuesday and they are doing really well! Baby Girl weighs 4 lb 7 oz now and Baby Boy weighs 4 lb 4 oz. Pretty amazing to think that they're already that big!! Of course, I am definitely feeling it these days. It may be the 12 consecutive 100 degree days we've had, or the extra 35 - 40 lbs I'm carrying (but who's counting?!!), but I have definitely slowed down a lot over the last week or so. Chad calls it "couch rest," and I think he thinks I spend all day at it! It's not true, I'm still exercising and running errands and getting things ready, but I do find myself resting (on the couch) quite a bit these days. It's just the most comfortable position right now (not exactly comfortable, but the "most comfortable" one). Of course, I feel pretty lucky - I've talked to so many twin moms who've been on bedrest and/or delivered preemies that had to stay in the neonatal ICU for weeks (sometimes months), so we're not complaining about a little couch rest right now!

1 comment:

  1. With all the packing,editing of possessions, appointments, etc. that we done in preparation for our move on Aug 14 I have been missing your blogs. So much has happened since I last checked in. This is such a great way to catch up. I love it and I love the photos that make us a part of your incredible journey into parenthood. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete