Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Diaper cakes and more


This weekend the girls that I work out with had a baby shower for Chad! Beer & bratz :) And he got gifted more beer and baby bottles and Bill Cosby's book on Parenthood, among other things. We also got a fantastic diaper cake - I think until you're actually having a baby (or two), you don't realize just how handy these things are! I mean, they're diapers, first of all - and by all accounts we are going to go through some incredible number of diapers each month (1,000? 2,000? I think I have blocked it out, but it's a lot!!) And check out all the cute goodies on the cake as well - booties, mittons, "big treat" tethers and hands free bottles (again, all those things you have no idea that you're going to need!).

The second diaper cake came from my book club shower. They threw me a shower to stock the babies' library. So fun to get everyone's favorites - from "Guess How Much I Love You" and "The Hungry Catepillar" to books that I've never read or heard about like "Toot and Puddle" and "Go Dog Go" (a Dr. Seuss book I've never seen!). The bookclub shower was just the girls (like our bookclub) and we all met at a nice restaurant. I can't wait to share all these stories with the twins!!

2 comments:

  1. You are blessed with wonderful and very clever friends. Don't feel the least bit guilty about your couch rest--get as much as you can while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cakes are so cute. I had to call Kathy in to see them too. I will pass on the idea for a childrens literature shower to my book club buddies but if they choose to do such it will be for grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete